SearchFit - Ecommerce Platform Live Chat Call Us Today! 888.398.4703

How to Make Your Website SEO Friendly

Post new topic   Reply to topic    forums.searchfit.com Forum Index -> SearchFit News, Success Stories, and Testimonials
View previous topic :: View next topic  
main@searchfit
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 4:36 pm GMT    Post subject: How to Make Your Website SEO Friendly Reply with quote

Blog entries that briefly talk about SEO. SearchFit is an excellent choice if you want to hire expert support for Search Engine Optimization.

read the blogs at

http://n-gga.com/how-to-make-your-website-seo-friendly
http://www.126126.info/search-engine-optimisation-by-charu-lata

read about the SearchFit SEO offering at

http://www.searchfit.com/search-engine-optimization-services.htm
zeev

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 9:09 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

The first blog you mention says:
Heading Tags
Remember to use h1 and h2 tags with your primary and secondary keywords. Search engines usually give a lot of value to the keywords in these tags

I tried to do this automatically on category and sub-category pages, but was not able to do it. There is no keyword that will go at the top of a category page. I think it is important to be able to automatically place H1 tags that includes category name.
I have mentioned this issue before but have not seen a way to do it.
A category page can have multiple columns and we have access to the columns, but not to the area above the columns.
main@searchfit
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 9:20 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, as I said, those blog entries talk briefly about SEO and your addition about the H tags is important. For those that don't know, they can configure SF to generate product names wrapped with a chosen H tag.

Correct, that area above the columns has not been allowed to be changed. We have this in our list, but I don't have a date assigned for its implementation yet. As you know, features are pending and some of them are with pretty high priorities, so they are higher on the list than the other ones. You can always request a feature from the office and move it as a high priority one.

An easier change could be to allow you to specify the link to the category to be wrapped with H tag. Do you know if google considers links that are wrapped with H tags? For example on this page http://www.jewishbazaar.com/MezuzahIndex.HTM if the Mezuzahs link from the Ceremonial > Mezuzahs section is wrapped with H tag, is that going to be considered from google and the others?
zeev

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 9:58 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it is a good idea to wrap the bread crumbs with H tags (maybe H3 or so). I believe H tags in links are more important than regular links.
Maybe an SEO expert at SF can comment on this issue.

Will it be easier (and faster) to implement the above if you add a per user entry that will allow category name to be placed at the top of the page wraped by H1?
main@searchfit
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 10:05 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the bread crumbs are the real candidates for H tags on the generated pages. We have them anyway, we can improve them a bit.

I am discussing now with our SEO team a possible scenario. It may not be a good idea to wrap a link with an H tag, but we can make things even better.

For example at this page
http://www.jewishbazaar.com/Shofars.HTML
you have a bread crumbs
Ceremonial > Shofar Store > Shofars
and they are all links.

We can allow the store owner to configure that the last part (the active one) of the bread crumbs to become H wrapped text. So in the above example the "Shofars" will be a text wrapped with H tag.

Same with this page
http://www.jewishbazaar.com/ShofarStands.HTM
the bread crumbs
Ceremonial > Shofar Store > Shofar Stands
will have the "Shofar Stands" as H wrapped text, the others will stay links
zeev

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 11:16 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like your idea a lot. There is no need for the current bread crumb entry to be a link (it points to the current page), so it might as well be a heading.
In addition to the above I think we should allow for every category page to have an optional heading (H1).
Bread crumbs might be H3 and page heading H1. These are two independent issues and both should help.
main@searchfit
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 11:21 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, I will see if we can target the bread crumbs thing first, because it looks easier to me right now and very beneficial. We will allow the store owner to select what H tag to wrap the current bread crumb with. And yes, the current bread crumb entry points to the current page, so no need to be a link.
warrior

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 1:31 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still prefer to choose my own H tags rather than the automated stuff. H tags are important but not to such a degree that you need to spend many (programming) hours on it.

There's a lot material about SEO out there and the ever changing character of it but the fact is that on page SEO didn't changed a lot the last 5 years. We just had the intro of the rel=nofollow tag and the importance of good internal linking but besides that it's still the same.

On page seo is only responisble for 20 maybe 30% of your rankings (if it's really that high). The most important factor is linkbuilding.

If I may say something to the searchfit team...focus on tools to improve the visitors experience rather than looking for another SEO tool.

Searchfit is SEO friendly ..period ! Even if you got on place#1 in Google for your major keyword and get 10000 visits a day, it's all about the customer's experience...if he like/trust you he will buy if not he will just continue his search and never come back again..

My 2 cents Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    forums.searchfit.com Forum Index -> SearchFit News, Success Stories, and Testimonials All times are GMT - 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: