SearchFit - Ecommerce Platform Live Chat Call Us Today! 888.398.4703

2 important questions

Post new topic   Reply to topic    forums.searchfit.com Forum Index -> PowerSearch Questions and Suggestions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
guy700

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 11:54 am GMT    Post subject: 2 important questions Reply with quote

ok i have 2 questions.

1- What factors influence Power search and how much, i would appreciate a detailed answer to this question for example how much weight is given to additional searchable keywords, how much weight is given to Keywords in the product name, how much weight is given to keyword in the url, how much weight is given to keyword in the title tag of the product, how much weight is given to the keyword in the description etc. Please provide me a solution to best optimize a product for a certain keyword.

2- Second big question is the same that i have asked sf before i.e for certain popular keywords for example widgets i want the exact url i.e www.xyz/widgets.htm to pull up. i know that this is available in standard search but if we switch to standard search we loose the features of power search. So this make it very hard for us to decide what to do because we see people are searching for widgets and there is a page dedicated to widgets with all the relevant info but they still end up looking at products that are either somewhat relevant or irrelevant to there query i.e widgets.
Smile
main@searchfit
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 5:49 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

#1 Login to your PowerSearch and go to Settings -> Configure Per User -> Build Indexes. You will find a description how weight is used to calculate relevance. In addition, you can change different weights for the different product properties on that page.

#2 Can you please elaborate and make it more clear what exactly you are after?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    forums.searchfit.com Forum Index -> PowerSearch Questions and Suggestions All times are GMT - 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: