SearchFit - Ecommerce Platform Live Chat Call Us Today! 888.398.4703

Merchant ID

Post new topic   Reply to topic    forums.searchfit.com Forum Index -> SearchFit Questions and Suggestions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sjcreationsinc

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2019 9:53 am GMT    Post subject: Merchant ID Reply with quote

I'm trying to get some information on the error message a customer received when trying to pay by CC. The credit card processor wants our Merchant ID #. Where do I find that?

Thanks.
mpetrov@searchfit

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2019 10:14 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello, can you provide the exact error message, so we can investigate?
sjcreationsinc

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2019 10:56 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

CC FAILED REASON [Jul 03, 2019; 11:41:12am PDT] = RESPONSE CODE: Declined (D); FAIL REASON: DECLINE

The customer told me that this is a prepaid Visa debit card from a credit union. Is this why? If so, how can I allow this payment?
mpetrov@searchfit

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2019 3:29 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

From the FAQ section of your payment processor i found this article, related to your issue:

I tried to run a transaction and I received an error code that reads 'Voice Authorization Required' or 'Voice Call'. What does that mean?

This means the customer's issuing bank would like you to call in to them to authorize the transaction. This is sometimes required when the card is being held or when the card is reaching its spending limit. You, the merchant, have two choices as to what you can do in this case:

1) You can treat the transaction as a decline. Tell the customer that the card has been declined and request another form of payment.

2) You can call in the the card's voice authorization line. You will need your merchant ID number that appears on the statement you get from your merchant service provider. You will reach an automated system and the credit card company should ask you a few general questions about the transaction, before they choose to approve or decline. IF the card gets approved over the phone, they will provide and authorization code. You must then go into Voice Auth and post the transaction. This will then place the transaction into your batch ready for closure. Here is the contact information for the major credit card types:

Visa/MasterCard: 800-228-1122
American Express: 800-528-2121
Discover: 800-347-1111
Capital One: 888-754-4371, opt 1, opt 6
Post new topic   Reply to topic    forums.searchfit.com Forum Index -> SearchFit Questions and Suggestions All times are GMT - 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: