SearchFit - Ecommerce Platform Live Chat Call Us Today! 888.398.4703

PowerSearch

Post new topic   Reply to topic    forums.searchfit.com Forum Index -> PowerSearch Questions and Suggestions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hookahcompany

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 1:15 pm GMT    Post subject: PowerSearch Reply with quote

Hey SearchFit team,

A couple things about PowerSearch.

First of all, it is awesome. It adds a lot to my site, so thank you guys for developing it!

1. This is not a big deal, since Ed thought of a fix for me, but in the Additional Properties field I added a height field to be used as one of my filters. It appears that the quotation marks break the filter. Putting in " seems to take care of this problem for the time being.

2. Being able to deactivate / activate the filters would be useful to me. A lot of my categories and manufacturers are the same, so there is a bit of redundancy.

3. I know it is a smart search and it learns based off customer behavior, but it would nice to have some additional keyword phrases that you can add to products for commonly misspelled words or synonyms to the product name.

4. Having keyword phrases that a product would NOT come up for in the search results. For SEO reasons the word hookah is in the majority of our products, but the word hookah (singular) shouldn't yield all of those products. (eg. Hookah Hoses, Hookah Head, etc should not come up in the search results when someone searches "hookah."

Thanks, Matt
main@searchfit
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 5:10 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Matt,

I am glad you like PowerSearch. To answer your questions:

1. We will look at the quotation problem

2. Ok, I will make sure you are able to deactivate standard filters like brands and categories on the PowerSearch Feed configuration page at SearchFit with the next release of SF

3. You can specify additional keywords at SearchFit. Just edit the product and go to the "Meta Tags" tab. Notice the "Additional Searchable Words" field.

4. This one is tricky. You did not have to add "Hookah" for all your products in the product name if they are not hookah. What you had to do is to use the SEO naming Rules instead and then you can make a rule where the product names are suffixed with whatever you want. If you do that the generated pages will still have the products with the desired names, however these rules are not applied when the product feed is delivered to PowerSearch. So your products will be clean in PowerSearch.
hookahcompany

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 7:53 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Stan,

Is there any way to import those searchable keywords?
main@searchfit
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 8:17 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, there is a "Searchable Words" field on the SearchFit products import form.
hookahcompany

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 10:33 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great, thanks. That's a huge help.

A couple other things that I noticed as I've been working with PowerSearch.

1. Need to have options show up in the search. Most of my products have options and consumers make a decision on whether the product is relevant to them based on the options that appear. Here is a good example of why we need options. We have many hookahs that have multiple hose options but are only pictured with one hose. A consumer that is only looking for a multiple hose hookah may only see that the products listed in the search result have a one hose hookah pictured. The consumer probably won't click on the detailed info to look for more options.

2. There should be a way to enable stop words. e.g. We have a very popular flavor called after nine on our website that won't show up in the search because "after" and "nine" are both stop words.
main@searchfit
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 10:37 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. This is a problem, because there are so many rules that go with the options. We don't bring the options to the PowerSearch, otherwise we have to reimplement eveything that has been already implemented in SearchFit.

2. Yes, in future, you will be able to customize (add/remove) the default stop words.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    forums.searchfit.com Forum Index -> PowerSearch Questions and Suggestions All times are GMT - 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: